You are cordially invited to submit abstracts for the 19th AIO Congress!
Abstracts can be submitted for proposed symposia, oral presentations, poster presentations.
Abstract submission period is from 9th April to 10th September 2018 at 23.59 CET.
All abstract submissions for oral and/or poster presentations should be submitted via our Abstract Submission Form.
We plan the congress to be based on a mix of presentation forms and welcome the submission of proposal for symposia, oral paper presentations, posters. All types are open to both researcher, practitioners, scholars and will provide opportunities for sharing research results as well as practical experience.
The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register and attend the congress. Presenting authors are responsible for registration, travel, and hotel costs.
Any presenter who is unable to attend the congress should arrange for to present the paper/poster in question. If such a change is necessary, please notify our Congress Secretariat. The substitute presenter must register to the Congress. Accepted abstracts will be published on the Congress website.
• Abstract proposals deadline: 10th September 2018 at 23:59 CET
• Abstract notification: by 10 days after submission date
• Congress registration opens: 9th April 2018
• Deadline for reduced registration fee: 03rd September 2018
Presentations may focus on any topic related to the Congress theme ‘System and Personality: the somatizations of the psyche from the biological body to the social body’. These include, but are not limited to:
• Sociology and Education
• Sustainable Development Goals
Symposia are 90 minutes in length, including time for questions. A symposium includes a chairperson or moderator and three up to five presenters who offer their perspective on a single issue. A symposium should provide an opportunity for audience discussion and involvement. The chairperson is responsible for submitting abstracts for the overall symposium as well as for the included single speakers presentations. The chairperson is responsible for fulfilling the requirements for a symposium as described above.
To submit a Symposium, please e-mail your request with abstract to our Congress Secretariat no later than the 03rd September 2018 at 23.59 CET.
Individual Oral Presentations
Individual oral presentations are 15 minutes in length, including time for questions. The presentations will be grouped into thematic sessions (typically 90 minutes) according to the topics of the Congress. An oral presentation provide the opportunity to present research results or experience from practice related to conference topics.
To submit an Oral presentation, please click here.
Posters are a first-rate opportunity for researchers and practitioners to exhibit and discuss research results and practical experience. Posters will be grouped into thematic sessions according to the congress topics. At the appointed time, at least one of the authors should be available to answer questions and discuss their work with congress participants. The size of a poster should be no more than 200 cm (height) x 90 cm (width).
To submit a Poster proposal please click here.
Additional Submission Notes:
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to propose alternative presentation formats as the scope of the final programs requires.
Abstract Submission and Review Process
Abstracts are to be submitted at our website an no later than 10th September 2018. All abstracts will be subjected to peer-review, coordinated by the Scientific Committee. Original work that has not been published or accepted for presentation elsewhere is preferred. The criteria for review are: practical and theoretical impact, empirical and theoretical basis and clarity of ideas and structure.
Notification of acceptance by the Scientific Committee will be emailed to the corresponding authors by 10 days after the submission.
Detailed information, guidelines, and recommendations for oral or poster presentation, as well as time allotment, date, time, and venue will be duly sent to the registered corresponding authors. Please, note that the Scientific Committee reserves the right to change submissions for oral presentations to posters, rather than refusing abstracts, depending on the number, theme, and quality of submissions.
Publication of Abstracts
All accepted abstracts will be published on the congress website. Authors must grant congress organizers permission to publish their abstracts in the book of abstracts (online and USB stick). No abstract can be submitted unless such permission has been given. On the abstract submission form, there is a check box, which must be checked to give permission.
The publication of the each abstract is conditional upon payment of the registration fee. As submitted abstracts will not be edited, applicants must ensure that their abstracts are thoroughly edited and do not contain any typographic and grammatical errors.
The acceptance of abstract by the Scientific Committee does not imply any financial assistance or fee deduction. Presenting authors must register by 09th September to ensure that their presentations is included in the Congress program.
Guidelines for the Preparation of Abstracts
- The abstracts are to be submitted in English.
- The abstract submission constitute a formal commitment by at least one of the authors to present the corresponding presentation in the session and time slot assigned by the Scientific Committee.
- Changes in authorship should be communicated in due time to the Scientific Committee and congress secretariat to that the necessary amendments can be made to the printed program.
- If the original presenting author is unable to present, one of the co-authors should take over this responsibility.
- Choose a short title (with a maximus of 100 characters, including spaces) that clearly indicates the content of the contribution. Please avoid abbreviations in the title. Abbreviations may be used in the text if they are defined when first used.
- Ensure that the abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific notation errors to avoid such errors being reproduced in the congress publications.
- Provide maximum relevant information in the abstract. For example, if the subject matter is empirical: a) the abstract should reflect the specific objective of study; b) the method used; c) a summary of results obtained; d) conclusion reached and/or recommendations made.
- No diagrams, illustrations, tables, references or graphics in the abstract.
- Ensure that your abstract contains no more than 1500 characters including spaces
- The size of a poster should be no more than 200 cm (height) x 90 cm (width).
From the topic drop down menu, choose the topic that best describes the area or field of your presentation.
- Indicate presentation preference on the submission form.
- The author’s (and co-authors’) name and affiliation should be indicated.
You are cordially invited to submit abstracts to present papers, posters
and attend the congress!